Re: [amibroker] Re: Should I buy 64bits system?

Yuki,

Don't forget that you asked me specifically IF new system will
increase significantly the speed of _eSignal_ scans.

There are different areas where different speed increases can be achieved.
The area for biggest improvement is not in real-time scanning because
internet/server speed is usually the limiting factor, not CPU speed.

The area for biggest improvement is execution of complex AFL formulas.

Also as far as external sources are considered, as I wrote you before
64 bit version requires 64 bit plugins and this means that data provider
needs to offer 64 bit API. There is no 64 bit API for eSignal yet, however
I know from first hand that 64 bit version of eSignal is under development.

Also 64bit AmiBroker is still during development phase so your new hardware would
not be utilised 100% yet.

These are the reasons why I suggested you to wait, because in 5-6 months
time dual core/64 bit CPUs will be 50% cheaper than they are now.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com