[amibroker] CreateStaticObject and QuotesPlus.RevEps

Hello,

I'm just getting started with AFL and I'm running into a little
problem with an exploration.  The trouble I'm having can be
demonstrated with a simple exploration.

/******************************************************/
RevEpsObject = CreateStaticObject("QuotesPlus.RevEps");
RevEpsObject.Symbol = Name();

QEPS1 = RevEpsObject.Earnings(-1);

Filter = 1;
AddColumn(QEPS1, "QEPS1", 10.4);

/******************************************************/

This exploration runs fine for tickers that have a valid value for
last quarter's EPS, but fails for tickers that do not have a valid
value.  I found a reference for doing something similiar via scripting
on PureBytes at:
http://www.purebytes.com/archives/amibroker/2001/msg02648.html

In reading this entire thread, a solution for AFL isn't given, though
it is from 2001, and Amibroker enhancements seem to come along quite
frequently.  I also haven't found anything in the help.  Given the
casts that are being done in the script, and the error I'm
getting(type mismatch.  Assignment failed), I'm guessing that this QP
object is returning a variant that cannot be properly assigned to the
AFL variable.  I tried using IsNull to get around this, but it is not
sufficient.  Is there a function or flow control statement in AFL that
will allow me to properly handle these type mismatches, either by
doing a cast, catching the type mismatch exception, or testing the
variant type prior to assignment?

I'm pretty sure I could get a script version of this running, but I
read in the help that native AFL can be significantly faster for
nontrivial code.

Thanks,

Kevin

24 Hours. Commission-Free.