RE: [amibroker] Out of Sample (yes), Forward (Yes, but), Monte Carlo (coming)

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of b
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 10:50 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Out of Sample (yes), Forward (Yes, but), Monte Carlo (coming)

Out of sample testing:
This is already possible. For example, do optimizations on
a reduced date range such as Jan 1, 1995 to Dec 31, 2001.
That will leave Jan 1, 2003 to the present as "out of
sample" data.

Forward testing:
This is already possible to do in Amibroker - just rerun
the same strategy each day. BUT, and this is a very big
but, your database must be from CSI or another provider
that includes delisted stocks. Without delisted stocks,
re-running a strategy today may give different "past"
results because a stock what would have been bought in the
past may no longer be in the database.

MCS: Monte Carlo Simulation
I understand this is planned for a future upgrade, but I
have not hear any date.