From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of keithmccombs
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:12 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Problem with new tabs settings

Graham --
Thanks for your reply.  It doesn't solve my problem, but it does help
my ego.  BTW, I tried just reinstalling 4.74.6 right on top of
4.74.6.  That doesn't help.

I'm hoping someone bails me out before I reload 4.70.5 (yes, I saved
the whole 200MB) and then reinstall 4.74.6.
-- Keith

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:

> Keith, it took me longer than most to getthe hang of the windows and
> their docking together or springing apart. I lost quite a few hours
> just getting everything alomst back to close to the way I had them.
It
> was one of the most frustrating times I have ever had with
amibroker.
> I just hope I do nnot inadvertantly undo something because I will
have
> to re-learn how to get it all back together. My opinion only but has
> been the only bad thing to have ever been done in an upgrade.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Graham
> AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm
>

> On 12/11/05, keithmccombs <kmccombs@xxxx> wrote:
> > I just downloaded 4.74.6 beta and started fooling around with the
> > placement of Layers,Layouts,Symbols,and Charts (original top
group)
> > as
> > well as Notepad and Interpretation (original bottom group).
Shame on
> > me - got it all screwed up.  I viewed the uicustomize.htm video a
> > number of times, but still don't "get it".
> >
> > Now all of the six tabs mentioned are no longer in there
respective
> > groups.  Each has its own tab on the left side of the screen.
But I
> > can only view one at a time and then it occupies the screen from
top
> > to bottom (but not full width, thankfully).
> >
> > Sometimes when I try to drag one of lists, I can see the
transparent
> > arrows on the four edges and the small group of four arrows with
the
> > circle inside, but not always.  And I don't even know what the
four
> > arrows plus cirlce is for.
> >
> > I guess I could get back to the default layout of 4.74.6 beta by
just
> > reloading it.  But I would much rather understand how this is
> > supposed to work.  Is this explained anywhere other than in the
> > video?  Can anyone clue me in?
> >
> > -- Keith

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > Yahoo! Groups Links