From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of NW Trader
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:02 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Going from one stock to another

Hi Dave,

Sounds like you haven't "pinned" the symbols list open (use the push pin icon at the top of the Symbols Workspace), once pinned open you can click on the chart and the symbols workspace will not withdraw.  Of course this does reduce the amount of chart space.  So what I do is to first pin the Symbols Workspace open, then float it off to another monitor.  To do this click on the top of the workspace where the word Symbols appears, then drag the entire list (using your right mouse key) to another location/monitor.  Then you can step thru a watchlist a symbol at a time with the up or down arrow key.

To reattach the Symbols Workspace, drag it back onto your main AB window, and with your cursor positioned over the <-- icon at the border you want to reattach to, release the mouse button.  To get it to retract again, click on the push pin.  If you accidentally close a workspace you can reopen it via the View menu.  You can also stack various workspace components (e.g., Layers and Layouts) such that they will appear together.

I don't know of a way to collapse all open watchlists at once.  There may be one, but I've not found it.  That could be nice -- especially if it could be set as a hot key.

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick