From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Tomasz Janeczko
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:27 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Support, news and other stories

Hello,

First I would like to appologise anyone who sent a question to support
today -
you may get somewhat delayed answer because Marcin is out of office today.

Secondly - you may be wondering when new beta version of AmiBroker and
promised IBController improvements will arrive and what I am doing now.

Well, I had some problems with my brand new 64 bit dual core machine and
needed
to replace some hardware and reinstall systems/development tools on it
(thanks God I have still old 32bit machine working in parallel :-) ).

Despite hardware problems works on 64 bit version proceed quite nicely,
even though MS Visual Studio 2005 is quite buggy :-)
Actually I have already built 64-bit alpha versions of both AmiBroker and
AmiQuote and they
are running major problems. There are some very minor issues that need to be
addressed.

It took quite a bit of work to fix lots of 64-bit portability issues in AB
source files,
but I can now say that this work is 99% done and now both 32 bit version and
64 bit version
are sharing the same source code base which is good for future development
as it means that BOTH versions will be developed at once and new features
will
arrive in BOTH at the same time without need to write twice.

But since still some testing needs to be done you should not receive any 64
bit beta
before January 2006.

However, there will be a new beta (32bit) still in December featuring some
small
but nice additions and fixes. This should arrive Friday 16 December.
Also a new IBController version should arrive next week.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

24 Hours. Commission-Free.