[amibroker] Re: Need help with writing a one line code for a scan

Dave - I presume you mean the theory behind the code.  FVE (finite
volume element) is a money flow indicator which takes the best of on-
balance volume and Chaikin MF.  I've charted it against OBV and CMF
and found it to be more indicative of money flow.  FVE was put
forward by Markos Katsanos and is explained in detail in the April
and the Sept 2003 TASC (the Sept article has a slight modification so
it can be used on intraday data).  As for the basic code itself - its
in my first post on this topic.
I have overlaid it on the price chart (using StyleOwnScale).  I
simply want to scan for stocks which shows the FVE crossing the price
of the stock on the price chart.  Sounds simple enough.  But I can't
seem to figure it out.  Dickie

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Fitch" <davidfitch@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dickie
> Can you give us the reference or rationale for FVE . IE How was it
put together.
> Thanks
> Dave Fitch

colorBlueGrey ),
>   ParamStyle( "Style", styleHistogram | styleOwnScale | styleThick,
>   maskHistogram  ), 2 );
>   _SECTION_END();
>
>   Col=IIf(Close>Ref(Close,-1),colorGreen,colorRed);
>   Plot(Close,"PRICE",COL,styleBar);
>
>   _SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
>   SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
>   _N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g,
Hi %
>   g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) Vol " +WriteVal( V, 1.0 ) +"
{{VALUES}}",
>   O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 )) ));
>   Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle
|
>   ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
>   _SECTION_END();
>
>   _SECTION_BEGIN("FVE");
>   Period = 22;
>
>   // users of v4.25 or higher can use Param to adjust period in
real
>   time
>   // Period = Param("FVE period", 22, 10, 80, 1 );
>
>   MF = C - (H+L)/2 + Avg - Ref( Avg, -1 );
>
>   Vc = IIf( MF > 0.003 * C, V,
>   IIf( MF < -0.003 * C, -V, 0 ) );
>
>   FVE = Sum( Vc, Period )/MA( V, Period )/Period * 100;
>
>   Plot( FVE, "FVE", colorRed, styleOwnScale );
>
>   _SECTION_END();
>

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

Service.