Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] An indicator tricky to code !!! (for AFL gurus)

Khamsina,

I'm going to pick on you, but this is so common in most programming forums that I feel I need to finally say something:

It's time-consuming to convert an algorithm when someone uses variable names like Y, SumSqr, Scale, etc.  I don't feel like helping if every line I'm thinking "what is he trying to do!!??"

If you would like to get an answer more quickly (or at all!) please

1) describe what this thing is supposed to do, then

2) use variable names that clearly identify themselves, like CurrDayMaxPrice, TimeScale, BarCounter, etc.

If you don't know anything about how this works or what it does, then no one else will bother to figure it out either.  If on the other hand you give a description in clear language, then name your variables clearly (and maybe, heaven forbid, include comments in your code!) then I'm sure someone will jump to help you out.

Thanks.  Just had to get that off my chest.
Brian