RE: [amibroker] Using third-party generated Signal file in AmiBroker Backtester - can it be done?

I make a .csv file with dates and signals (only trade dates are
necessary if you have pad and align checked)
The file might look like this:

1/2/2001,-1
1/23,2001,1
1/31/2001,0
2/5/2001,-1

Where:
-1 represents a Short signal
0 = cash
1 = Long signal

You can read the file with File->Import Wizard placing the signals into
the Close field (be sure to check allow negative values). You can now
use Foreign to store the signals and trigger on them for you backtest.
The ticker name will be the name of the file so let's name it VVS.csv
(for VectorVest Signals).

mySignal = foreign("VVS","Close");

Buy = Cross(mySignal,0);
Sell = Cross(0,mySignal) OR mySignal == 0;
Short = Cross(0,mySignal);
Cover = Buy or mySignal == 0;
--
Terry