Re: [amibroker] data base issue

you could write a format file like the ascii import files and import
the data that way
See AB subdirectory "\formats" and in help screens - Reference Guide -
Ascii Import Reference and Automation Object Model
Just set up a format file and try importing via ascii import
Else write a script file based on the Industry import JS file and
include the other information

Something like this changed from the industries import JS file to
include markets and groups. The sectors-industries arrangement should
be set with the broker.industry and broker.sector files.
The JS file below runs from windows with your AB databse open. CSV
file as per this has each row with :
Ticker,FullName,Market,Group,Industry

I have not tested this file below, so may have type or syntax errors.
but should be enough for a start. As it turns out I have been thinking
along lines of this for setting level 3 subindustires into the groups
as the sector only allows single level industry.

/* change this line according to your data file name */
var filename = "C:\\Program Files\\Amibroker\\Scripts\\Industries.csv";
var fso, f, r;
var ForReading = 1;
var AmiBroker;
var fields;
var stock;
/* Create AmiBroker app object */
AmiBroker = new ActiveXObject( "Broker.Application" );
/* ... and file system object */
fso = new ActiveXObject( "Scripting.FileSystemObject" );
/* open ASCII file */
f = fso.OpenTextFile( filename, ForReading);
/* read the file line by line */
while ( !f.AtEndOfStream )
{
r = f.ReadLine();
/* split the lines using comma as a separator */
fields = r.split(",");
/* add a ticker - this is safe operation, in case that */
/* ticker already exists, AmiBroker returns existing one */

stock = AmiBroker.Stocks.Add( fields[ 0 ] );
stock.FullName = fields[ 1 ];
stock.MarketID = parseInt( fields[ 2 ] );
stock.GroupID = parseInt( fields[ 3 ] );
stock.IndustryID = parseInt( fields[ 4 ] );
}
/* refresh ticker list and windows */
AmiBroker.RefreshAll();
WScript.Echo("Industry Setup Finished" );

--
Cheers
Graham