[amibroker] Re: Back Testing Futures

That works great, now I can backtest over several months. I am new
with AB, less than 3 months. Also can bring back the merged future
as a alias name. Have my data back to early April, 29 days on
futures.

A great feature, surprised that Thomaz did not respond!!!!! This
will save me a lot of time. Guess I need to read the 600 page
manual. Maybe some one could list all the features of AB, in a
summary form. It is hard for a beginner to fully understand just
what can be done.

I like to BT futures over 3 months on one minute.

Still trying to decide on what afl program would be good for the
futures. Have been trying the 20 & 50 ma cross during BT, not bad,
but you need a big stop loss.

Does any body have a better program to BT the futures, ES,ER2 and
YM, on one minute ??? I used the cross MA as a beginner, until I get
better at afl.

Ray

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "qweds_560" <qweds_560@xxxx> wrote:
> There is function called Merge under Symbol on the toolbar that
> might be of some help...
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "me_rayme" <raycherry1@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Yes will try exporting them with excel and bring them back as a
> EOD
> > file, with a new number.
> >
> > I did this last year with AIQ futures and use of a macro. Had to
> > copy OHLC and volume for EACH minute as I use volume and OHLC in
> my
> > formula, each minute.
> >
> > Thought AB could make it easier since afl is so powerfull.
> >
> > Any body else with any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanks ron.
> >
> > Ray
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ronbo" <ronbo@xxxx> wrote:
> > > after june expires next week i think, who cares about june---
> it's
> > history.
> > > so just change the "m" to "u" and do a backfill.  since you
just
> > started
> > > today---you will get the 24hrs of backfill.
> > >
> > > I have not tried this, but   IF you had started last week,
then
> > the data
> > > from IB will only fill 24hrs.  I would then try to export the
2
> > symbols as a
> > > csv's, combine them in notepad or Excel, and then Import the
> > combined .csv
> > > file back to AB....
> > >
> > > ron

Information,