From: mroman59 [mailto:mroman59@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 7:32 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Grahm help please or any guru

The following code was given to me to use to filter for volume
throughout the day to report volume in my alert output box. My source
is QuoteTracker which receives data from Ameritrade. The problem is
that the code "DayVol" results in negative numbers and numbers that
dont match in my platform i.e. QT, however it does report the correct
price and matches that in QT.  Volume is the only thing that is never
correct, therefore I can not filter out stocks for volume
requirements. This makes no sense and AB has not offered me a
solution as of this time. I have been complaining for over 6 months
or longer. If try to include ROC values it works, but anything with
volume it does not. Can someone help. I am trying to figure out if it
is because I am still using beta version of AB 4.59

Thank you
MR

//Volume Alert Scanner ... For Testing

//volume
bars = BarsSince(DateNum()>Ref( DateNum(),-1) ) + 1;
DayVol = Sum(Volume,bars);

//Alerts for todays date
Cond =  DateNum() == Now(3) ;

// Scan for buy and sell conditions
Buy = C>0 AND Cond;
// AND DayVol > 200000;
Sell = C > 0 AND Cond;
// AND DayVol > 200000;
Filter  = Buy OR Sell;

// Alert functions report to alert outputbox for buy conddtions
AlertIf( Buy,"SOUND C:\\Windows\\Media\\Ding.wav",WriteIf(Buy,WriteVal
(DayVol,1) + "   " + WriteVal(C,1.2),""),1);

// Alert functions report to alert outputbox for sell conddtions

AlertIf( Sell,"SOUND C:\\Windows\\Media\\Ding.wav",WriteIf
(Sell,WriteVal(DayVol,1)+ "   " + WriteVal(C,1.2),""),1);
,""),2);

AddColumn(C,"Close",1.2);
AddColumn(DayVol,"Volume",1.2);

Check group FAQ at: