From: areehoi
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 2:19 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Data Updates

Joe,
I switched over to AmiBroker about 18 months ago. I use the US Stocks
database.  With Yahoo it normally took from 1 hour to 2 hours to
download (sometimes up to 6 hours). About the same for MetaStock
using their downloader. this is with dial up.  After a number of
itermittent problems with Yahoo I swithed over to MSOdata. It takes
about 3 minutes to download the 5,700 US Stocks database.  You then
parse the downloaded ASCII data into AmiBroker though the Wizard
(about another 5 minutes).  Just a suggestion as Yahoo is
unpredictable.

Dick H.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jdupcak" <jdupcak@xxxx> wrote:

> I am new to AmiBroker and am finding my way.  I am having a problem
> updating my end of day data.  I have two data sources, one is
Yahoo
> Historical data using AmiQuote and the other is Metastock using
> Downloader and the Metastock Data Plug-In.  The problem is that
each
> auto update takes hours.  Both data bases work just fine except for
> the time it takes to roll in the new day's numbers.
>
> Here are my particulars:  AmiQuote 1.69, Amibroker 4.6
Professional,