[amibroker] Data Updates

I am new to AmiBroker and am finding my way.  I am having a problem
updating my end of day data.  I have two data sources, one is Yahoo
Historical data using AmiQuote and the other is Metastock using
Downloader and the Metastock Data Plug-In.  The problem is that each
auto update takes hours.  Both data bases work just fine except for
the time it takes to roll in the new day's numbers.

Here are my particulars:  AmiQuote 1.69, Amibroker 4.6 Professional,
Pentium IV with XP, and cable internet access.  The slowness
shouldn't be associated with my equipment of internet access.

I suspect I am doing something incorrectly.  Any lessons learned are
appreciated.

Thank you ahead of time for advice.
Happy New Yesr
Joe Dupcak