From: vphilomin [mailto:vasi@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:15 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Optimizing hand-picked entry signals for exits

Hi,
I keep a list of handpicked entries over several years in a text
file ( format: symbol, buy/short, date ). I would now like to
optimize for exit criteria (stops/profit targets/time stops) using
only these signals. I see no way of doing this in amibroker
('foreign' does not solve the problem of importing symbols and
restricting optimization to just those tickers). Can someone please
point me in the right direction?  My biggest problem is to import
these entry signals and set up my "buy" and  "short" variables only
for the symbols in my list. Some AFL code to get me started would be
great.
Thanks.