Re: [amibroker] Re: PositionSize / Capital

Graham wrote:

Al

I originally did the study for finding stocks with low or high volatility compared to a norm. It progressed as after plotting the C v ATR I noticed that there was a common pattern over a wide range of stocks. I now have a defined measure of whether a stock is trading with high or low volatility relative to its peers.

But Graham, as I wrote in answer to Pal's message, if all you want to do is compare the volatility of a stock with its peers, you can do that very quickly by exploring on 100*ATR()/C and sorting the result in descending order. Have you found your relationship applies at all times, bullish, bearish, and sideways regardless of market forces, economic conditions, earnings reports, announcements, etc.?

Al V.