[amibroker] Re: function LastDateOfThisTicker("YHOO")

Zoli,

<<The main Problem: Has already been trading today, or not?>>

This question can be answered by;

hasTradedToday= lastvalue(datenum())==now(3);

Which works for the current stock.
If you need to reference other stock's stats from the current stock,
it will take a bit more;

//-----------------------------------
procedure loadList()
{
curList=StaticVarGetText("TradeList");
ListDay=StaticVarGet("TradeListDay");
//initialize if empty
if (StrLen(curList)==0 OR ListDay!=Now(3))
{
curList=":";
StaticVarSet("TradeListDay",Now(3));
}
if (StrFind(curList,":"+Name()+":")==0)
{
curList=curList+Name()+":";
StaticVarSetText("TradeList",curList);
}
}

function isTradedToday(symb)
{
curList=StaticVarGetText("TradeList");
return (StrFind(curList,":"+symb+":")>0);
}
//----------------------------------------

call the "loadList" proc from the AA window and it will
fill the "curTradeList" with all the currently traded symbols
for the current day.

AFTER the first AA scan (which loads the list), the
function "isTradedToday" should
return true if the symbol is in the list...

Warning; If your list of symbols gets too large, I have no idea
what the performance impact is OR what, if any limit there is on
the size of static vars...

Walt