Re: [trading] [amibroker] Starting AB with different data bases

A sample was posted a few post back ...

Beyond that ... Click Help, help contents, explode the top, explode
reference guide, click automation object guide ... scan down and
you'll see the sampole that was posted and other stuff.

All you need to do is save a couple commands like this in a .vbs
file then double click the file.  There are 6-7 lines of code there
that start AB and load a database.  You can cut and paste and have
this working in 2 minutes.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Greg" <gphanson2@xxxx> wrote:

> Good Day Fred, Nice if you know VB or Jscript. Have you got a
sample.
> I'll give it a go. Thanks.
>
> Greg
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > As mentioned before this is simple enough to do w/a VB or
JScript.
> > No compilation ... just code, save and run ... When you got it
the
> > way you want, you make an icon on the desktop.  With a very few
> > lines you can fire up AB with whatever Database you want as the
> > default and set a variety of other options.
> >
> > Check into AB Automation ... it's a beautiful thing.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Greg" <gphanson2@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Good Day, thought i would add my two cents. i mentioned this
idea
> > > some time ago as a upgrade - a command line thing. i have 3
> > databases
> > > with as Herman says specific uses ie. eod (yahoo), 5 min
eSignal,
> > and
> > > tick, esignal. each has very specific formulas and charts and
all
> > are
> > > running at the same time - on three diff monitors. inorder to
get
> > > everything going i have to start AB (with default database)
> switch
> > > one i want and then position it on a specific monitor. what
would
> > be
> > > nice - separate AB icons that recognize diff data bases and as
> > well
> > > screen locations. One click and away i go for each. By the way
> new
> > > beta fantastic. Congrats.
> > >
> > > Greg
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
> > <amibroker@xxxx>

> > > locations (not recommended because of all additional work it
> > requires
> > > installation.

> IN"
> > > property. "Start IN" defines the "CURRENT WORKING DIRECTORY"
preferences
> > and
> > > all other config files). This will allow you to have one
> > installation
> > exists
> > > inside "AmiBroker" folder will need to be creaded.

Having