[amibroker] 100000 bars retrieved...

I installed SP-2 tonight, and everything went perfectly -- no hiccups
or burps.  However, it appears to have broken, or more correctly,
somewhat disabled my Metastock Downloader 7.2.

What happens is that the Downloader opens, but any attempt to open a
file in the Downloader causes the DL to close immediately.  There are
several ways to attempt to open a file: 1) File > Open (causes DL to
close) 2) Ctrl+O (causes DL to close) 3) clicking the folder icon on
the DL toolbar (causes DL to close).  Fortunately, I can still get at
my data by selecting File [one of the numbered file entries that I
have previously saved].  All other functionality seems present; once
in I can apparently do anything I could do before, including
converting, copying, etc., etc.

So, I think it's time for me to move beyond the DL -- I don't use MS
at all anymore.  What exactly should I do?  My data is in MS database
format, accessed by AB via the MS plugin -- I do have AB save to the
local database as well, just for redundancy. I update (EOD) via
Download Quotes.

I am fully imaged of course, and have the option of rolling this back
to SP-1, but that seems like the wrong direction to go.  Maybe just
separating myself from all things MS is the way to go, but rather
amusingly, I'm not exactly sure how to do it.

Alternatively, if someone has a copy of the separate Downloader
Installer program (version 7.2) that they could send me, I could try
a reinstall and see if that helps solve this apparently odd problem.
(MS no longer offers the DL free, apparently, and for some odd
reason, my old MS CDs won't even open the setup program now, and I'll
be darned if I know why. All other CD setup programs seem to work
fine.)

And the DL is the only program I've found so far that seems to have
been affected at all by SP-2.

Yuki