RE: [amibroker] CSI - info

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Ken,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
It
would probably be best if you go to <A
href="">www.csidata.com to see the
pricing.   I see that they have a deal where you can pay for the first
month, get the second month free and a full refund if you aren't
happy.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
So
far, it looks very promising.   The tech guys have created a special
feature in their MarketScan program to convert to AmiBroker format... whatever
that may be.   There is one user already using this feature, but I
don't think it is appropriate for me to mention his name.  Perhaps he would
care to comment on his findings?   I'll email him direct in case he
isn't a member of this group.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
MarketScan program calls the API to get 50 stocks at once.   The time
taken to read 50 is about the same as Paul was getting for three
stocks.   I detect that CSI is very serious about this
project.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
  [mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 5:09
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] CSI
  - info

  <SPAN
  >Chuck: thanks to you
  and Paul and many others who have pushed this <FONT face=Arial
  color=navy size=2><SPAN
  >CS<FONT
  face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN
  >I thing along.
  It is possible there may be sea change in data sources for a bunch of AB
  users.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Would you comment
  please on the cost(s) of the <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN
  >CS<FONT
  face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN
  >I data, or point me
  to a message # where you have discussed that before.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Thanks,
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Ken
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  Message-----From: Chuck
  Rademacher [mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx] <SPAN
  >Sent: <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>Wednesday, December
  31, 2003<SPAN
  > <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>3:06
  PM<SPAN
  ><SPAN
  >To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  >Subject: RE: [amibroker] Reply from CSI -
  also note on "data holes"
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Hi TJ... and Happy
  New Year to you and your family.

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >CSI does pad the data
  and always has done so.  Most data vendors attempt to do so on days
  when there was no trading.   I say "attempt", because they
  don't always do it.   I can't imagine why anyone would want it
  unpadded, but that's what makes AB such a powerful tool... the ability for
  people to do their own thing.

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >If a user is
  determined to have un-padded data, I suppose that they could create their
  own indicators that would skip days with zero volume.   I think the
  main thing is consistency.   At least with CSI, there is a
  consistency to always pad the data.

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >My data downloader
  actually send CSI an automatic email whenever it detects a data hole or a
  missed split.   Of course, there can be two kinds of data
  holes.  One where the particular stock/future didn't trade and one where
  the data vendor simply missed the data.   My software checks six
  different data providers.   If any of the other five have data with
  volume and CSI does not, that's when CSI gets the auto email.   I
  don't bother emailing the others as they tend to ignore me anyway.
  Reuter's is finally coming around to taking their stock data a bit more
  seriously, but they aren't quite there yet.
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=2>-----Original Message-----<SPAN