[amibroker] Re: OT: Information Organization (more on InfoSelect)

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: OT: Information Organization (more on InfoSelect)
  • From: "b519b" <b519b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:16:33 -0800

Ken:

Yes, InfoSelect is pricey. I paid $150 to start and then paid
another $99 for an upgrade that came latter.

I like InfoSelect because I can quickly file things into it and know
that with all its search features I will be able to find what I need
(even if I mis-filed it to start with).

I usually highlight what I want in a post (including the poster's
name, date and subject line), Crtl-C, Alt-TAB to get to InfoSelect,
use InfoSelects F5 search to find notes on similar topics, Paste the
new post into a note close to these prior posts on the topic. Then I
read the post in detail and high positive points in Blue and
cautions in red. The highlighting helps me digest the content and it
makes it very quick to review the post if need arises in the future.

There is a faster way if one does not want to mark up the text as I
do. Just highlight the text one wants in whatever program one is
using and hit the InfoSelect quick paste button on the Windows
toolbar. And continue reading. That skips all the Alt-Tab and
related key strokes. Of course, InfoSelect does not know where you
want an item copied by quick paste so it just adds it to the end of
the notes in its outline.

I like InfoSelect because it is flexible enough to fit my work
preferences.

I especially like its automatic backup feature (the primary reason I
paid the $99 to upgrade). One can specify where backups are stored
and one can specify how "deep" the backup copies are. I currently
have it set to about 10 deep which means the last 10 sessions each
have their own back ups. Thus if I delete a key note by accident but
do not notice it is gone for several days, there is a good chance
one of the older backups will still have the key note. This is also
insurance if the InfoSelect data file becomes corrupt. I have used
the program daily for over a year and have yet to have a file go
bad, but the extra insurance of several backup copies gives me piece
of mind.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> B:
>
> I am using the KeyNote program that was mentioned here a long time
ago.
> I just checked out the InfoSelect pages and admit it looks more
> versatile and feature rich but for $50/yr or $150 purchase, I can
not
> justify it.
>
> My question: I assume you take email message portions and copy and
save
> them into categories and subcategories.  IOW, you do not save
complete
> messages.  Is this assumption accurate?
>
> Second, do you do something other than highlight/copy/paste,
although it
> is hard for me to imagine what that might be.
>
> Any other hints on how you organize AB info in specific terms.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

For

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511