[amibroker] Re: OT: Information Organization

Ken -
When Info Select is launched there's an icon that's placed on the
system tray.  As you read the forum notes, like Dimitris' great code
and comments, just select what you want stored and press the
lightening bolt icon and the stuff is saved and indexed.  When done
reading and clipping you can then toggle to the IS window and
organize the collection into neat topics. Henry vdB one of the
biggest users of IS on this board (I believe) found that he no
longer needs to key in topical headings in IS because the
index/search capability is so powerful it will find it for you.
Unlike Henry, I still do some organizing.
You can also store your AFL code...with the process,  as
recommmended by Henry...of collecting all the AFL code in your
system and backing it up to a CD, then importing the text into IS.
So you if want a code fragment ...just key in "AMA" on a search and
you'll find all the places you've used AMA or "j++", or Dimitris
etc. Just kidding around here, but it indexes every character in
code and notes, as well as storing live URL links.  Unfortunately it
won't index PDF(like personal Altavista used to do) so I can't
import the AB System Guide but it just struck me that I can import
the HTML version of the guide..voila..or get the guide in text from
TJ.

Just closed out the year in a few minutes with the use of data
download from TC2000, AB Explore and Rank, then copy and paste to my
XL portfolio. Maybe next year will bring a portfolio routine to AB.

Are we looking at value or dogs of the dow for next year?

Happy New and prosperous 2004 to you Christmas Islanders and New
Zealanders.

Joe Landry
in the US Central Time Zone

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> B:
>
> I am using the KeyNote program that was mentioned here a long time
ago.
> I just checked out the InfoSelect pages and admit it looks more
> versatile and feature rich but for $50/yr or $150 purchase, I can
not
> justify it.
>
> My question: I assume you take email message portions and copy and
save
> them into categories and subcategories.  IOW, you do not save
complete
> messages.  Is this assumption accurate?
>
> Second, do you do something other than highlight/copy/paste,
although it
> is hard for me to imagine what that might be.
>
> Any other hints on how you organize AB info in specific terms.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

For