RE: [amibroker] Function (Brain) Check

In my simple way of looking
at things B3 gives a popint by point result, whereas B4 uses a series of points
each relying on the previous value of B4 for the next. When you get a single
point of data input to B4 that is detrimental to the result all values from then
on are zero much like the domino effect. If you displayed it before the bad
input bar the indicator chart would be fine.

Cheers,Graham<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: CS
  [mailto:res1wgwl@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, 31 December 2003
  5:08 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [amibroker] Function (Brain) Check
  Thanks for responding, Graham.

  OK,
  I understand that and I always check for denominators = 0,
  but B4 is only a 3 period average of B3.  My point is
  that B4 isn't the part of the equation that has to deal with if B2 =
  0.

  B2 is always zero at bar 7 (first data plot point) of any
  and all plots of any data because LinearReg(C,7) doesn't return data until the
  7th bar, and of course at bar 7 HHV and LLV will be the same number, so B2 =
  0, but why does B3 plot with no problem?
  AFTER bar 7, B3 returns viable data for B4, and plots viable
  numbers. The plot of B4 fails for all points.<FONT color=#8b0000
  size=2>
  Plot<FONT
  size=2>(LastValue(<FONT
  size=2>ValueWhen(B2==0<FONT
  size=2>,Cum(<FONT
  face=Verdana size=2>1),1<FONT
  size=2>)),"",<FONT
  size=2>0,1<FONT
  size=2>);

  My other point in all this is that when tracing a problem in
  a formula, the formula can derail even if the preceding data (B3)
  appears good.
  Thanks,Corey Saxe

  <BLOCKQUOTE