RE: [amibroker] Re: to HERMAN: N100 Correlation table

If you
have access (negative pun intended) to a decent SQL database, you can export
really big stuff from AB, import it, and query on it any way you like from
there. It's faster and more flexible than sorting huge lists directly in AB, and
if need be you can query across multiple exports at once.
<SPAN
class=885414503-30122003>
recently did a project this in Microsoft SQL Server. Not 1000 columns, but more
than Excel could handle, and it did fine. MS SQL I think is limited to 1024
per table or view, but up to there you should be ok. Be aware that the DTS
import wizard can't handle more than 255 columns, so you need to use the SQL
BULK INSERT command to import the data. I've had a major disk crash, but once
the smoke clears from that I (hope to still) have tools to help build a .fmt
file if you need to.
<SPAN
class=885414503-30122003>
<SPAN
class=885414503-30122003>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>Since
  I started losing column names around 625 columns, I incorrectlyassumed
  there was a limit.  I should have known better:THERE IS
  NO LIMIT FOR Almighty AmiBroker.But poor Excel and I cannot handle
  that large matrix.Considering my proficiency in Perl, I'd still prefer in
  a columnalform ( security1, security2 and correaltion columns ) for
  easysorting.Any help would be
appreciated.ysk