RE: [amibroker] Re: Resetting a Composite

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thank you DT and TJ,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>both are very useful solutions! The question though is not so
strange; because I find ATCs are easier to use than tables I use composites
frequently as temporary array storage when
Looping/Scanning/Exploring watchlists, it allows me to carry forward data from
stock to stock.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<SPAN
class=550491411-28122003>Being
able to reset and re-use composites reduces the number of composites I need to
create. So your code is quite helpful.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thanks again for the quick response!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<SPAN
class=550491411-28122003><FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
[mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: December 28, 2003 6:33
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Resetting a Composite
Herman,The question is strange, the answer is rather
  simple:When you hit scan in an AddToComposite(x,"~ticker","V") formula,
  amibroker resets the ~ticker value and then adds x values one by one,
  according to their z=Status("Stocknum").If you reset in the middle of
  the scan, say right after the 10th stock, then the first 11 tickers will
  not contribute to the addition.It is described
  withz=Status("stocknum");AddToComposite(IIf(z>=11,StochD(),0),"~sumStochD","V");Buy=0;The
  formula will calculate the sum of StochD for z>=11, which is equivalent
  to reset right after z==10.Dimitris Tsokakis--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
  wrote:> Hello,> > is it possible to reset a composite
  to zero in the middle of a Scan or> Exploration?> >
  thanks,> hermanSend BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.