[amibroker] Re: Ticker Lists and Price Histories

For 1) Can I copy and paste from Excel to make a ticker list like
that?  Otherwise, how is it done?  What extension do I save it as?
Would Microsoft Word work for this?  Otherwise I have Notepad and
Wordpad.

For 3) Will Yahoo or MSN through Amiquote have a feature to get all
of the price/volume history rather than just getting the last two
years worth?  Will it matter that XYZW has been trading for 1.5
years and ABCD has been trading for 7 years?

For 4) it sounds like you are saying that Amibroker will not
automatically deal with ticker symbol changes, new listings, and
delistings.  I should do this on my own.  Is that correct?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ed2000nl" <pablito@xxxx> wrote:
> what you could do:
>
> 1) make a list of tickers you want to follow and put it in a file
looking
> for example like:
>
> CSCO
> MSFT
> AMAT
> APOL
>
> 2) then you put these tickers inside a watchlist. Go to Symbol |
Watch list
> | Import
> and put the symbols in one of the lists that is free.
>
> 3) Now, if you need historical data for this list you can use this
same file
> (with all the symbols) and feed it to Amiquote and use either
Yahoo, or MSN
> to get the free historical quotes.
>
> 4) If you need to update this watchlist regularly you could just
delete it
> and import the updated version.
>
> Ed

Multex