[amibroker] Re: Function calls

William,

Thank you very much. It is becoming clear to me now. I do appreciate
your help in leading me to an understanding of how to use the
function parameter.

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William Peters"
<williampeters@xxxx> wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Thats pretty much it, although you can also have a return statement
if you wish. So any global variables in your function are in addition
to whatever is returned using the return statement. You have access
to those global variables created in your function from outside of
that function.

> >1) There is no "Return" statement in the Function definition.
>
> Actually you can have a return statement if you wish.
>
> >2) I use the "Return" statement to get a single variable:
> >x = "FunctionName"(arguements);
> >Now x is defined.
>
> Correct.
>
> >3) If I declare Global variables, they can be recalculated in the
> >function statements and they automatically are returned to the
main
> >program at their recalculated values.
>
> Yes, they are recalculated when you call the function. And because
their scope is 'Global' their values are available from outside of
the function.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511