RE: [amibroker] Re: Esignal real time data feed question

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Jim,
I use
esignal as my RT feed. I collect 5 minute bars. My buy/sell decisions are made
based on longer term signals but my entry and exits are based using the shorter
term. While I can view these 5 min bars as daily bars 60 days or even 120 days
is often simply not enough data to make sound decisions regarding trend etc. QP
offers a whole range of fundamental data. Thanks to getexrtadata() functions
that Tomasz has given us I am able to trim thousands of stocks down to a more
manageable universe of what I consider to be tradable stocks. A lot of my work
involves sector analysis. I create composite indexes of stocks based on the
sectors they belong to. When creating these indexes I use this fundamental data.
Esignal starts to get grumpy when I try to gather info on more than 50 stocks at
a time. QP has no problems allowing me to scan hundreds of stocks to make these
composites. QP does a great job identifying the sector and industry group that
each stock belongs to and that is invaluable to me. The combination of the 2
offers me clean,reliable service. Monitor this board for a while and you will
see many posts regarding the free the service offered by yahoo and msn. I simply
cannot afford to use the free data....

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: jwilsonp2a
[mailto:jimnwilson@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 3:29
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Esignal real time data feed questionOK, Jayson, I gotta
ask: what's wrong with using esignal for EOD, and how is QP better for
you?Thx, Jim--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Jim,> Esignal/AB is the strongest
combo for me. I tried the quote tracker route> and did not care much
for it. Currently esignal offers 60 days backfill but> rumor has it
that 120 days is on the horizon. TJ has done a great job with> the
Esignal plug in. It is fast and reliable.  I also use QP for my EOD
data> which has its own benefits. Many here use the free yahoo EOD as a
compliment> to their RT feed.> > Regards,>
Jayson> -----Original Message-----> From: jwilsonp2a
[mailto:jimnwilson@xxxx]> Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 7:50
PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re:
Esignal real time data feed question> > > Thanks,
Jason.> > So am I to gather that of all the RT feeds, you think
esignal is the> best (in terms of data quality, backfill capability,
etc.)?> > Jim> > > --- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> >
Jim,> >> > $49 gets you the data feed and the basic charting
package. The> esignal> > charting [package in no way compares
to the power of flexibility> of AB. Take> > a look at the
system tester (portfolio and single stock), all the> power of>
> AFL. The many indicators, guru commentaries alerts.... the list>
goes on and> > on. The data feed is top notch the charting software of
esignal is> not.> >> > Regards,> >
Jayson> > -----Original Message-----> > From: jwilsonp2a
[mailto:jimnwilson@xxxx]> > Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 4:52
PM> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Subject: [amibroker]
Esignal real time data feed question> >> >> >
Hi,> >> > Just wondering what one gets for the 49.00/month
esignal feed. Is> it> > the full blown esignal package, or just
streaming data? If it is a> > full blown package, is it really
necessary to have amibroker as> > well? Doesn't esignal's software do
backtesting, charting, etc.?> >> > I am thinking of moving
to AMI RT from EOD, but I am a little> > confused. If I pay the 49
bucks and already have most of all the> AMI> > functionality in
the esignal software, why would I upgrade to AMI> > RT? Just for the
AFL?> >> > Thanks, and Happy Holidays, Jim>
bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
Sponsor>

ADVERTISEMENT> >> >> >> >>

Yahoo! Terms of> Service.> > > > Send BUG
REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
Terms of Service.Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.