[amibroker] Re: Great news for you portfolio testers

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> MessageHonest, this is not SPAM.
>
> My good mate David, the TradeSim developer, has just emailed me to
say that
> he's days away from releasing a new version that will automatically
handle
> order ranking.  This means that you can simply add a column to your
AB
> backtest, export the file to TradeSim (using software I uploaded to
the
> Yahoo site a few months ago) and every trade in your portfolio will
be
> ranked for you.   The ranking, of course, only applies when you have
> insufficient dollars to handle every signal generated by your
system.
> Between this new feature and the full Monte Carlo Simulation,
everyone with
> AmiBroker should really have a look at TradeSim.
>
> I'm just giving you a headsup.   I hope to be beta testing the new
> functionality for David later this week.
>
> We now have three excellent alternatives for handling portfolio
management
> (PortfolioTrader, xxTrader and TradeSim).
>
> Awesome!!

Chuck,
Sorry, but I donīt see anything awesome when a T/A software like
amibroker needs 3 external additives for handling portfolio
management. I was a bit pessimistic some time ago re: all these
external add-ins, but the real fact is that they are multiplied [and
probably they will be increased...].
The new-comer will learn that this fine T/A product needs the support
of 3 or 13 peripherals, created by different people, designed in a
different philosophy and with the related bugs, updates etc.
It is a real headache, as far as I understand.
I would like an independent tool, ready to handle the trading
applications within the software.
If you see something interesting in Tradesim or any other source, you
could contact Tomasz, let him know [in the case he doesnīt] and ask
for this "awesome" feature to be added in amibroker functionality.
Of course, this is my personal opinion.
Thank you for the info
Dimitris Tsokakis