[amibroker] Portfolio Trading Module Request (6 parallel portfolios)

Fred,

While you are thinking about Chuck's suggestion, here is a closely
related one. In fact, if the following were implemented, it would
also address most or all of Chuch's desire.

I would like to be able to test the "interaction" of up to 6 methods
running in parrallel which share profit and loss. For example, I
would like to be able to "split" my funds into 6 parts. For my
purposes, equal size parts would be fine, but I see Chuck hoping for
variable size parts.

Each part would have its own ranking system. The parts
would "interact" in the sense that and losses from each part would
be shared by all the parts equally. If part A made 120K and part B
lost 60K and the other parts finished even, then all the parts would
continue on with an extra 10K each. Exactly how to implement
this "redistribution" or "rebalancing" is not all that important to
me. It could be done dynamically so it redistributes total equity
(everytime a trade is exited). Or it could be done at the end of
every month (mid trade changes in trade size could be tough to
code). Or in some other way.

Users could choose to define the ranking system for each part for
their own purposes. One person might define the ranking such that
the same market timing signal is used by all 6, but a different
selection stragey is used; perhaps 3 long and 3 short strategies.
Another user might use a single long and single short selection
strategy, but use 3 different timing signals for each.

What do you think? Is this technically possible to add to Portfolio
Trading? Or, will it be took complex or too slow?

Why did I suggest 6 parts or portfolios? Because I think I would
like to test 4 (2 long and 2 short), so 6 would give some room to
grow if I later get curious about 3 each way. Now that I think of
it, why not give the user the option of up to 10 parts. That should
satisfy even the most creative thinkers.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"