[amibroker] Re: Additions to ABtool v0.0.5 beta

Right ... and of course 274KB is not even worth discussing in this
day and age ... it'll be interesting to see what happens when they
reach multi-hundred megabyte size as a result of having millions of
rows.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> Hi Fred,
> the memory resource is managed by the operating system.
> In ABtool each Float and Int32 are 4 bytes long,
> strings are by default 128 bytes long (you can reduce/enlarge
> this one a table basis). So a table containing a String field
> of size 16 and 10 Float fields would conume 16+10*4=56
> bytes per row. If there are 5000 rows, than this sums up to
> about 274 KB memory.
> UM

By
> > the way just for my own edification how would routines like
ABTool
> > handle the situation when memory got used up ? would it utilize
disk
> > directly or is this sort of stuff handled by the windows swap
file
> > or ?
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> > > Hi Fred,
> > > after FileWriteNum(...) simply use FileWriteStr(",", fh) to
append
> > > a comma to the data. And yes, line end is done using "\n".
> > > UM

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!