[amibroker] Re: ABtool v0.0.5 beta - What is this t hing?

In a word ... yes ...

But it's hardly that simple nor is it super simple to use.  There is
a huge amount of power there including being able to write things
to / read things from files (relatively slow) and/or build tables in
memory (relatively fast) and then sort the columns in memory etc. I
don't have the full scope mentally yet but I think with careful use
it could be employed to build a self optimizing, portfolio backtester
with scoring & ranking which would also allow for all the other
pieces i.e. keeping one from being more than 100% invested, evenly
spreading $ or % oriented trades over more than one trading vehicle
etc. I also suspect that it could be used to do walk forward testing
of some particular system and trading vehicle i.e. optimize over some
period of time, trade for some period of time and continue.  BUT I
also suspect from the little I've played with it that very little of
the code you write will look like anything else you've ever written.
If you are going to play with it I suggest you do some VERY simple
things forst like just create a file with  couple of fields in it or
create a table, sort it and dump it to a csv file etc. before you
dive in to writing a full blown portfolio analyzer, tester,
optimizer, trade although is probably possible.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Fred: does your message mean that a "system" that buys and sells
say,
> the top ranked stock when a buy signal is issued (the Buy logic
being
> different than the score logic).....that such a system can be
BACKTESTED

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM