RE: [amibroker] Re: Additions to ABtool v0.0.5 beta

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>UM...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
You
are quite correct.  You have provided the tool(s) to do the job.  It
is up to the developer to take advantage of one or more of the tools to
suit his or her needs.   A little bit of creativity is all
that is required.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
All of
these things were achievable before, but your DLL sure makes it much more
manageable.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx
  [mailto:uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 6:56
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Re: Additions to ABtool v0.0.5 betaFred, you
  wrote> Will the addition of the TABLE related commands allow tables
  to > be built in memory with symbol or stocknum along one access and
  > datetime along the other and then filling the cells with scoring or
  > ranking  information for each member of the watchlist
  ?yes, of course, because now we have loops, browsing thru all
  stocks, file I/O, and finally tables incl. exporting them to CSV files.
  So, I think all parts are already there; it's up to you what you're
  going to do with these possibilities.In private email I had
  explained you how my "portfolio" backtester works: via AFL I compute a
  score and add this to the results table. That table is exported and
  thecontent analyzed on a daily basis to determine the stocksto choose
  for that day. This then is added to the "portfolio"of the tester, and the
  tester keeps track on how good orbad the results look like. I'll
  write a skelletton AFL code to demonstrate this (though I'm afraid I'm not
  that knowledgeful (sp?) in this field than you and others already are if
  one looks to the contributions made in previous discussions).But
  IMHO it must be done in two phases: the (unfiltered) output of AB must be
  sorted and filtered by either anexternal program or a second AFL script.
  "Unfiltered" becauseof the necessary sorting/ranking of the calculated
  scores foreach stock for each day. And: the results (profit, MaxDD
  etc.)must be computed by your own code, becaue ABs BT IMHO can't be
  used for this. The result will usually be an autom. generated CSV file for
  visual inspection in Excel.Just a tip: if you put all the fields necessary
  from the stocksdatabase (ie. quotes) to ABs result table (for export) and
  also do let AB do most of the calculations (indicators, scores etc.), then
  in the next phases you no more need access to ABs DB or (re)calculate them
  etc...UMPS: I'm going to implement TableImport() to ABtool for
  building such a table autom. from any external CSV file...That way
  also the resulting table of Scan, Explore, Optimize,and Backtest can be
  further analyzed programmatically in a script.----- Original
  Message ----- From: "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx>To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 10:30
  PMSubject: [amibroker] Re: Additions to ABtool v0.0.5 beta>
  Uenal,> > Please reread my original email, you're answering
  questions I'm not > asking as opposed to the ones I did ask.>
  > Best regards> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:> > Hi Fred,> > these routines are
  written in C++ and therefore they can of course > > also be used in
  C++ (ie. a compiler). An interpreter is by design > > slower; but
  also the cleverness of the methods/algorithms one > > uses decides
  about the performance of an application. So if done> > efficiently,
  then it will be fast. The alternative would be doing > it in>
  > a compiled language like C/C++ or Assembler :-) But that's much>
  > harder than realizing it in an interpreter.> > The faster your
  machine is the faster will be the code, so since> > machines get
  much faster every quarter or so the performance > > problem
  disappeares "naturally" if one can afford the > > newest/fastest
  computing power.> > BTW, I think it was Chuck who wrote that the
  ABtool had saved > > him about 12 hours processing time.>
  > It is advisable that before starting a big project better one >
  should > > do some speed benchmarks etc.> > UM>
  From: "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx>> > To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 6:48
  PM> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Additions to ABtool v0.0.5
  beta> > > > > > > Uenal,> > >
  > > > Will the addition of the TABLE related commands allow
  tables to > be > > > built in memory with symbol or
  stocknum along one access and > datetime > > > along the
  other and then filling the cells with scoring or > ranking >
  > > information for each member of the watchlist ?> > >
  > > > If this were the case this would allow for in memory
  scoring and > > > ranking bar by bar which one could then sort
  and use a test for > > > driving buy/sell signals.> >
  AFL processor > > > works and that in order to do what I am
  suggesting one would need > to > > > write the results out
  to a file in one pice of AFL and then read > it > > > back
  in another.> > > > > > I Look forward to your
  comments ...> > > > > >
FredSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.