RE: [amibroker] Re: Ranking Stocks (AFL or via scripting)

UM,
your proposed enhancement to ABTool would surely be
worthwhile.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx
  [mailto:uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 3:37
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Re: Ranking Stocks (AFL or via scripting)
  Hi Chuck,
  I don't know the inners of your algorithm, but
  I think <FONT
face=Arial>there
  is big a desire/need of having the functionality
  of a table or
  matrix (in memory only), which
  can be filled from within
  AFL
  on a field level, and later be <FONT
  face=Arial>sorted. I'm currently working on

  this addition to ABtool. Here
  the basic concept:
    user creates a table object, and adds the
  column definitions
    (type of column; whether numeric, datetime,
  or string type etc.)
    to the table object. After this, the rows and
  cells can be filled
    with values. And afterwards the table can be
  sorted (asc/desc) on
    a given column and further processed for
  example in a  "for" loop
    by the user.
  Exporting to a CSV file can also be done.
  I think this would eliminate some of the external
  scripting needs,
  and also make the process faster.
  UM

  <BLOCKQUOTE