[amibroker] Re: Ranking Stocks (AFL or via scripting)

Chuck,

A generic version of your sorting system would be great to see.

Is your sorting system entirely in AFL or does it use J script or VB
script or a custom DLL?

My guess would be that it might involves a script which creates an
external file listing each ticker with an indicator value. The data
in the external file would next be sorted by an external program to
make a new ticker file that has the "cut off" value for the top 5,
10, 20 stocks in the Open, High, Low, etc fields. The Foreign
function could then be used to access these cut off values for the
actual backtesting. Of course, if you are using a DLL rather than a
script, the DLL might do the sorting itself and thus save a few
manual steps. This approach could be extended by using another J-
script to use the ranked external file to control which tickers get
traded for a particular day.

Or have you found a way to do the sorting and record the results via
AFL. I can imagine an approach that might work in entirely in AFL
but it would involve the use of multiple artificial tickers and
would thus take "all day" to run.

Am I any where close with either of these ideas?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM