RE: [amibroker] Ranking Stocks (was ABTool)

I'm
quite happy to share the methodology and code "snippets".
Unfortunately, the actual AFL involved has too much of my proprietary trading
logic within it.   I'll have a look at replacing the underlying system
with something more generic.  Then, I would be able to post the complete
AFL.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Once
I've verified that it is working properly and it's not taking all day to run,
I'll prepare a document and post it in the files section for this
group.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
It
wouldn't have been possible without the ABTool plug-in and assistance so
graciously contributed by UM.   I'm hoping that a few other members of
this group see the potential in UM's plug-in and come up with some ideas of
their own.   No doubt, there will be a better way than what I'm
currently doing.   I call it "leap frog" technology.
Someone comes up with an idea and someone else comes up with an improvement on
that idea, etc. until we all benefit from a group effort.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: HB
  [mailto:hossamb@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 1:01
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Ranking Stocks (was ABTool)
  Chuck, fascinating !

  Once you rank, I assume that you can do things
  like:
  - take the top "x" trades only
  - take only the trades above a certain "y"
  value
  - take only the trades that are "z"% below "q"'s
  value
  - etc.

  Yes ?

  Will this ranking component be shared on the list
  ?

  HB
  <BLOCKQUOTE