From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: April 23, 2003 11:49 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Subject: Results of Scan/Exploration

Herman,
I know this smart procedure. The problem is the top5 H [or C in your
example] as I wrote this morning. I have to check some details with
probable multiple H which may appear.
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello DT,
>
> You first have to do a transformation; vertical to horizontal. You
can do
> this by creating a barchart for the equities, and then analyze it
just like
> you would any indicator. Especially with looping you can now do
almost
> anything. The transformation looks like this:
>
> In this case the equity for first stock from the watch list is
plotted in
> the last bar. You need just two lines of code to do this:
>
>   Buy = Cross( Close, EMA( Close, range ) ); // First four lines a
dummy
> trading system
>   Sell = Cross( EMA( Close, range ), Close );
>   Short = Sell;Cover = Buy;
>   E=LastValue(Equity(1));
>   Pointer = BarCount - Status("StockNum");
>
> AddToComposite(IIf(Pointer==BarIndex(),E,-
1e10),"~EquityTest","C",1|2|4|8);
> // use Backtester
>   Equities = Foreign("~EquityTest","C");
>   Plot(Equities,"Equities",1,2+4);Title = "Equities for 100 N100
Stocks";
>   GraphXSpace=10;
>   Filter=1;
>
> You can plot any kind of data this way and it will be permanently
on disk.
> Nice for system calibration files (make those zero based).
> I think you can take it from here :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Herman.

function,
> namely
> > C, O, H, L, V, I.
> >     If we place the first 6 results to each field, we have no
place
> to save
> > the rest 94 results.
> >     It is a 100X100 diagonal matrix, as in the att. gif
> >     but, even if we could, the result would not be an array.
> >     An array has one numerical value per day. In this case we
would
> have a
> > set of 100 numerical values per day
> >     and we would create an 100-dimensional "Hyper array".
> >     It needs specific imagination to understand the use of this
> creature.
> >     DT
> >
> >     There's no way to store the results of an Exploration to an
> array,
> > right?
> >
> >     Thanks,
> >
> >     Stewart