[amibroker] Re: Subject: Results of Scan/Exploration

Herman,
Stewart asked at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/38506
something simple : how to select the top5 of an exploration. Any idea
for this request ?
[If I understood well, to run an exploration
Filter=1;
AddColumn(MACD(),"MACD");
 for 100 stocks and see in the result list ONLY the top5 MACDs,
nothing else]
I do not see how can I do it.
[I hope to avoid MAX(Foreign("~AAPL-MACD","C"),MAX(Foreign("~ABGX-
MACD","C"),...]
Any idea appreciated.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
wrote:
> Using array subscripts you can put any kind of data into a array:
>     Data[0] = YourParameter1;
>     Data[1] = Your{arameter2;
> YourParameter could also use subscripts...
>
> When you want to save the data into a stock-specific array you use
the Atc,
> some thing like this for the Explorer:
>
> AddToComposite(Data,"~"+Name()+"-Data","X",1|2|4|16); // Use in
Explorer,
> Data here refers to the array you filed using subscripts. This
array will be
> of length equal to number of bars in the current stock - a bit of
> over-kill - but this means you can put a ton of data into a
Composite (5
> fields: OHLCV). The great thing is that this information remains on
Disk for
> re-use at any time from any program, use Foreign("~"+Name()+"-
Data","X");
> here X can be any of OHLCV.
>
> You can save system calibration data for automatic recall. You
cannot save
> text in a Composite however you can save Status("StockNum"), this
is an
> ordinal number pointing to your stock in your group (it changes as
you
> change groups!!).
>
> Best regards,
> Herman