RE: [amibroker] Pairs Trading (a definition for Dingo)

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Yuki...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I know
your answers to the questions sent in by Ara, but why would you trade the same
number of shares rather than the same number of yen?   That approach
surely doesn't sound like a "hedge" to me!
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ara Kaloustian
  [mailto:ara1@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2003 8:41
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Pairs Trading (a definition for Dingo)
  Yuki,

  If you buy and short similarly ranked producs in
  same industry, how do you get confident that one of them will be between 101%
  and 150% ( why not lower ?)

  Also, what king of products do you pair trade?
  Stocks, currencies etc?

  Thanks

  Ara
  <BLOCKQUOTE