RE: [amibroker] Re: Help - Unrealistic Results (for Peter)

No,
Peter, I wasn't responding to your post.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<SPAN
class=156303720-19042003><FONT
face="Courier New">
<FONT
face="Courier New">
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: amiabilityy
  [mailto:amiabilityy@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2003 4:23
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Help - Unrealistic ResultsHi chuck,if you were
  responding to my post the system is far from the other system
  presented,I actually came across it will trying to write a sharp
  ratio.The results seemed o.k. in the backtester.The results i
  posted are the results after exporting an exploration.These were
  ranked by buy date  to the sell dates into 10 groups of the highest
  ranking in excel.e.g. group 1 tickers were the highest ranked with no
  overlapping buy to sell dates,  to group 10 which contained  the
  tenth ranked tickers.      The 10 groups are
  in there own individual sheet.These sheets then are arranged as a
  ticker format.The buy prices are  in the open column and the sell
  prices are as the close column.  The ticker names
  column,(since these are multiple tickers) are converted to a single ticker
  name.These are saved as ticker names xxxx1, xxxx2, xxxx3, a different
  value for each different sheet(ticker).This is all automated from
  importing the data into excel and saving each artificial ticker. I
  import these artificial tickers into ami and run a backtest, the back test
  can only be buy=o;sell=c;and no delays for the open or close, the
  delays are in the original exploration data that was placed in excel.
  So now i have the compounded results from multiple tickers of an
  actual tradable system, due to the ranking system.  Of coarse
  the results would not be true due to not being able to place this amount
  of  capital in each trade. Peter. --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@x>
  wrote:> Like a lot of people on this board, I spent some time looking
  at this> particular post in an effort to help someone with a
  problem.> > Also, like a lot of others, I found that the system
  (as presented) lost> money no matter which stocks I tested it
  on.> > Then... we get a message that the system (as presented)
  was only "similar"> to the one with the problem.> >
  It's one thing to not divulge a good system to the group and another to
  let> us waste our time debugging a non-existent system.>
  > The original post did say it was "similar", so I'll confess to
  reading too> much into it.Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.