RE: [amibroker] Off Topic: Hardware - Anyone running a dual processor system?

Queried 'friend', will
relay his thoughts.
I wasn't aware that the
P3 Xeons had HT -- might be worth considering a Xeon HT single processor board
considering the high cost of dual Xeon MBs.

Re drives, consider
hanging  your  IDEs on a SCSI controller [ACard is one mfgr
].
<FONT
color=#000080>
Bob

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dingo
  [mailto:dingo@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 3:39
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Off Topic: Hardware - Anyone running a dual processor
  system?
  <FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
  size=2>Thanks Bob!
  <FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
  size=2>That's really some set up your "friend" has!  Have you heard from
  him since his new one arrived?
  <FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
  size=2>I've just about decided to get a dual 3.06 gig Xeon with hyperthreading
  with 2 gig memory and several 120 gig hard drives plus another monitor to add
  to the one I already have.  I want the lights to flicker when I type or
  move my mouse..  8-)
  <FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
  size=2>d

    <FONT
    face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Bob Jagow
    [mailto:bjagow@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003
    6:32 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
    [amibroker] Off Topic: Hardware - Anyone running a dual processor
    system?Dale,Re dual-processor, the Xeons are
    hard to beat and P4 dual MBs are rare,but you could instead pop for the
    new dual-threading P4--alsooutrageously priced at the moment but that
    didn't stop an early-adoptingfriend.-Bob"Just completed my order
    for the Dell Dimension 8250 with 3.06 GHzprocessor and HT
    Technology.Decided on the 1.5 GB RDRAM configuration (max available for
    thismodel). Might be overkill but I demanda lot of my computers and
    memory is relatively cheap... <vbg>  Thecomputer is supposed
    to ship aboutJanuary 9th.I'm planning on using three computers
    in my trading setup. Each willsupport a specific datafeed andits
    respective software such as QCharts, ErlangerQuote and Brian'sMurreyMath
    program. Another willsupport eSignal, AdvGET and Investor RT. The third
    computer will supportmy trading platform (currentlyMedVed's
    QuoteTracker with Datek Streaming data)."-----Original
    Message-----From: dingo [mailto:dingo@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday,
    February 07, 2003 6:55 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
    [amibroker] Off Topic: Hardware - Anyone running a dualprocessor
    system?Thanks Tomasz!A couple of more
    questions:I'm partial to the Intel processor and I'm looking at the
    Xeon chipsrunning around 3 ghz. I'm going to run Win XP Pro. How much
    memory doyou recommend as ideal?d-----Original
    Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]Sent:
    Friday, February 07, 2003 9:23 AMTo:
    amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker] Off Topic: Hardware -
    Anyone running a dualprocessor system?Dale,I have
    been running 2 processor system some time ago.It depends on the
    operating system you are using.If you are using Win 2K PROFESSIONAL or
    Win XP PROFESSIONALit will utilise both processors. And yes running 2
    instances will splitthen between two processors.Best
    regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com----- Original Message
    -----From: "dingo" <dingo@xxxxxxxxxx>To: "_amibroker_yahoo"
    <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 3:19
    PMSubject: [amibroker] Off Topic: Hardware - Anyone running a
    dualprocessor system?> I'm thinking about replacing my
    system and was wondering if anyone has> a dual processor system
    and how the load balancing works. Specifically> if I have a copy
    of real time Amibroker running and another instance> for doing
    testing will both processors be utilized? Or would that be a>
    waste of money?>> TIA for any help out there!!>>
    d>>> Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
    amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Web page: <A
    Check group FAQ at:> <A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html>>
    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to> <A
    href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>>Post
    AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
    group FAQ at:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour