RE: [amibroker] Off Topic: Hardware - Anyone running a dual processor system?

<FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
size=2>Thanks Bob!
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
size=2>That's really some set up your "friend" has!  Have you heard from
him since his new one arrived?
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
size=2>
I've
just about decided to get a dual 3.06 gig Xeon with hyperthreading with 2 gig
memory and several 120 gig hard drives plus another monitor to add to the one I
already have.  I want the lights to flicker when I type or move my
mouse..  8-)
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Bob Jagow
  [mailto:bjagow@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 6:32
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Off Topic: Hardware - Anyone running a dual processor
  system?Dale,Re dual-processor, the Xeons are hard
  to beat and P4 dual MBs are rare,but you could instead pop for the new
  dual-threading P4--alsooutrageously priced at the moment but that didn't
  stop an early-adoptingfriend.-Bob"Just completed my order for the
  Dell Dimension 8250 with 3.06 GHzprocessor and HT Technology.Decided
  on the 1.5 GB RDRAM configuration (max available for thismodel). Might be
  overkill but I demanda lot of my computers and memory is relatively
  cheap... <vbg>  Thecomputer is supposed to ship
  aboutJanuary 9th.I'm planning on using three computers in my
  trading setup. Each willsupport a specific datafeed andits respective
  software such as QCharts, ErlangerQuote and Brian'sMurreyMath program.
  Another willsupport eSignal, AdvGET and Investor RT. The third computer
  will supportmy trading platform (currentlyMedVed's QuoteTracker with
  Datek Streaming data)."-----Original Message-----From: dingo
  [mailto:dingo@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 6:55 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker] Off Topic: Hardware -
  Anyone running a dualprocessor system?Thanks Tomasz!A
  couple of more questions:I'm partial to the Intel processor and I'm
  looking at the Xeon chipsrunning around 3 ghz. I'm going to run Win XP
  Pro. How much memory doyou recommend as
  ideal?d-----Original Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko
  [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 9:23 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker] Off Topic: Hardware -
  Anyone running a dualprocessor system?Dale,I have been
  running 2 processor system some time ago.It depends on the operating
  system you are using.If you are using Win 2K PROFESSIONAL or Win XP
  PROFESSIONALit will utilise both processors. And yes running 2 instances
  will splitthen between two processors.Best regards,Tomasz
  Janeczkoamibroker.com----- Original Message -----From: "dingo"
  <dingo@xxxxxxxxxx>To: "_amibroker_yahoo"
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 3:19
  PMSubject: [amibroker] Off Topic: Hardware - Anyone running a
  dualprocessor system?> I'm thinking about replacing my
  system and was wondering if anyone has> a dual processor system and
  how the load balancing works. Specifically> if I have a copy of
  real time Amibroker running and another instance> for doing testing
  will both processors be utilized? Or would that be a> waste of
  money?>> TIA for any help out there!!>>
  d>>> Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
  amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Web page: <A
  Check group FAQ at:> <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html>>
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to> <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>>Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
  group FAQ at:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour