Re: 3rd logical alert

Richard,
It is not a matter of altruism, it is just the mutual benefit.
Without this creative dialogue I would be full of ideas and ... MS-
EXCEL for the application.
Amibroker opened a bright new gate for me [and others I hope] for a
symbolic less than $100 price.
Amibroker list creative comments and criticism [perhaps severe
sometimes] made me reconsider my initial thoughts many times and come
closer to more realistic and profitable approach.
I have nothing personal with your opinion, just disagree.
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Richard Harper" <rdharper@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris;
>
> Notice my statement was made as a probability. One can not exclude
the possibility of altruism. Or an exchange of ideas that profits
both parties.

> One can test for that.
>
> However the fact, and the point, remains: signal-to-noise-ratio
from advice givers is very low, especially from TV, or financial
websites. When one finds a good "signal", it is worth noting.

> And recheck assumptions often. That is the message.
>
> Lastly, understand I am subject to my own prime caveat.
>
> Richard

If
> they knew what they were talking about, they'd be using it, not
> talking about it, or selling it. In fact, when you hear advice,
you
> can assume the opposite is more likely to be correct. Better
just
> to ignore it, and trust the charts. Work out your own theories,
and
> backtest. And recheck assumptions a lot.
>
> Richard,
> It may be your personal opinion, but it is not the only true
> statement.
> I do not have any problem to improve and share the knowlwdge to
make
> some money from the stockmarket.
> Many examples are posted to this mailing list. Every system
presented
> here means [at least for me] 5 profitable movements before the
> announcement.
> My basic idea is very simple. It is better to make profits than
> loosing money like a fool.
> I am so happy to receive private mails when some friend added
some
> coins to his acccount using some idea of mine.
> On the other side, I did not see any problem to buy or sell when
the
> signal was activated.
> One of the last examples is the D-ratio Buy signal for CSCO on
Oct8.
> It was almost ideal: Just one day before the great CSCO adventure.
> You could easily be a buyer among the ocean of 170M shares traded
on
> Oct9 !!!
> 170M shares were available by the sellers. They have just the
> opposite idea from this tiny 10-line D-ratio system.
> The system produced a +2500% since Jan2000, I follow it since Jan
> 2002, I waited 8 months to receive the first Buy signal on Aug 1
> [!!!] and still keep it at a +95%.
> Do you see any [serious] reason not to share the code ?
> I posted some details about the recent CSCO downgrade by some
famous
> analysts.
> [the main reason for the -7.5% of Oct28]. Since then the floor
> presents a different opinion and sends CSCO higher and higher.
> Would you prefer to be a victim of these strange "downgrades" ?
> I see many people here sharing their time and their knowledge.
They