Re: a few considerations about optimization

Ok some more testing on this idea:

Add the following to your potential system:

DMAPeriodSlow = 30 ; //Optimize( "DMAPeriodSlow ", 45, 5 , 100, 5 );
DMAPeriodFast= 10 ; //Optimize( "DMAPeriodFast", 10, 5 , 100, 5 );

delta=C-Ref(C,-1);
MAd1=MA(abs(delta),DMAPeriodSlow );
MAd2=MA(abs(delta), DMAPeriodFast);

Then

Buy = BUY AND (MAd2 > MAd1);
Short= Short AND (MAd2 > MAd1);

See what happens, better returns and a lower system drawdown,
Excellent ideas, keep 'em coming
Sam Gray