Re: Dynamic Money Management

I have no idea what TJ's approach is in back test and position sizing
combo. As far I as know, the reason that TR separates the backtest
algorithm (1 contract) from position sizing (multiple contracts) is
to allow for testing multiple position sizing algorithm without
having to rerun the backtest every time. You run the backtest once
and then run as many as you want the position sizing algorithm base
on the backtest results. Just like your database, you need only one
copy, but when you run different trading systems you do not need to
create a new database (even though it has exactly the same content)
every time. But, for sure, TR does not allow for optimization at all,
this would be a tremendous advantages I think TJ would definitely
includes in the final product.

Thomas

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Excuse me but asking over and over the same question does not speed
> up the development even a bit. In fact it slows it down.
> I am bringing as many new features as I can.
> Some people are exited about DMM some others are exited about
> charting some others are exited about new feeds and some others are
> exited about SDK.
>
> Unfortunatelly I have limited resources and I can not
> deliver "instant" satisfaction in all areas people are exited about.
>
> Frankly speaking TR model is not as good as some "TR-evangelist"
> preach. Some limitation is mainly caused by the fact that TR model
applies money
> management AFTER backtest.
>
> I won't dig into this now because of lack of time.
> Anyway new backtesting engine will allow all that TR allows plus
more.

> BTW: TR sells for $2295 (http://www.tradingrecipes.com/order.html)
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

MM
> > feature in any TA product. Hence all the questions. Sort of
like when
> > you were a child and got excited about a new toy that your parents
> > hinted at but didn't tell you all of the details.. It made you
more
> > excited and more curious.
> >
> > It's a very exciting time in AB land!
> >
> > dingo

Trading
> > > Recipes, who claims that TR is the only software that handles
MM

www.rinasystems.com and