Re: peak - trough with variable

Any formula including Zig, Peak, Trough and related functions has
only historical value, since it can not be used in real trading
conditions [looks into the future].
I wonder for the value of a 6/C*100 when the recent C is 10 and it
was 40 six months ago. In real trading we always live with the local
percentage, we want to take a +5% profit, no matter of absolute
values.
During a bullish day we will have this +5% for 1$ and [equally] for 50
$ or 100$ stocks or 1000 indices.
I do not see any sense in a C-functional percentage. On the other
side I suppose peak() does not accept variable percentage.
Just some thoughts for your [interesting] question.
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:

> Esteban,
>

> I'm wanting to find the last peak based on a fixed number of
points, rather
> than percentage. So I set a variable to the fixed points value I
want
> divided by the high * 100 to give me a percentage to use in the peak
> formula. But I get an error. Maybe the function needs a value not
subject
> to fluctuation for its underlying calculations. Is there a way I
can use
> this function with a fixed number of points?
>
> MinRetracement = 6/C * 100 ; This gives a value of 1.2 percent when
C =500.