dummy question for the day...

To all;

Trying to get an alert to work during
autoanalysis/scanning.

The scanning works correctly, giving buy/sell as
expected.

Why can I not just add this code, after the
buy/sell definition line, and expect the alert to occur?

AlertIf(Sell,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"SOUND C:\\Windows\\Media\\Ding.wav",<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Audio alert",<FONT face="Courier New"
color=#ff00ff>2);

The result is no change in behavior,  meaning the
buy/sell scan continues to work, but no sound alert.
 Nothing.  Nada.

If verfied pathing.  Sound works correctly.  I
should note I can not get any kind of alerts to work from autoanalysis, other
than the buy/sell signals themselves.

Thanks for any clues/ideas/checks.

Richard