RE: [amibroker] Renaming 'composite' ticker files

<SPAN
class=288520918-28102002>Salil,
<SPAN
class=288520918-28102002>
Why go
to the effort???
when
you compute the composite to begin with simply change your code to read the
desired names....... perhaps I miss your point

Jayson

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Salil V Gangal
[mailto:salil_gangal@xxxx]Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 9:51
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Renaming 'composite' ticker files
Friends,
Here are the steps I performed ===>

I computed 'composite' tickers in 'AA' and named them <FONT
face="Courier New">~compMacdBuy and <FONT
face="Courier New">~compMacdSell.
I exited AmiBroker.
Using Windows Explorer, I renamed the physical ticker filesfor
the above composite tickers to ~macdPlus
and ~macdMinus respectively.
I restarted AmiBroker.
The composite tickers with old names were gone from 'All' as well
as from 'Group 253'.  The composite tickers with their new names did
not come-up anywhere.
What more is required to get back the user-generated tickers which are
re-named at the OS level without changing
their names back to the earlier names
?  In other words, I am interested in retaining their changed names just
the way they are and I don't want to run 'AA' once again.
Any inputs ?
Regards,
- Salil V Gangal

Do you Yahoo!?Y! Web Hosting -