Re: Suggestions for Taking AmiBroker to the next level

Peak to peak time intervals for ^NDX since Jan2000 are
110, 86, 91, 133, 178 days.
The ratios are
1.000, 0.782, 0.827, 1.209, 1.618
Some of them are excellent Fib ratios[0.786 and 1.618]
The question is always the same : Why 0.782 and not 0.618, why 1.618
and not 1.272]
In the historical study we shall see some Fib ratios, but NOT ALWAYS.
In real trading conditions, what shall I do the day before the
perfect 1.618 ?
Shall I sell or not ?
If I sell and the 1.618 is confirmed I will be a happy and crazy Fib
fan.
If I donīt sell and the 1.618 is confirmed I will see the profits of
Fib fans and I will try the next time.
If I sell and the 1.618 is not confirmed, I was wrong and Fib fans
will wait for the 2.618 ratio.
For me it is obvious we can not trade in this way.
Fib ratios are attractive, but after their confirmation, whenever it
comes.
DT
The simple code is
P=20;
CONDP=PeakBars(C,P)==0;
CONDP1=TroughBars(C,P)==0;
Filter=CONDP;
AddColumn(Ref(BarsSince(Filter),-1),"");
for peak to peak time intervals and
P=20;
CONDP=PeakBars(C,P)==0;
CONDP1=TroughBars(C,P)==0;
Filter=CONDP1;
AddColumn(Ref(BarsSince(Filter),-1),"");
for trough to trough time intervals.
I prefer more deterministic methods.
As for the EW, there are more serious things to do, I will not add
any comment.