Re: The truth

Yes, Dimitris, I heard some discussion of this in an American
Enterprise Institute forum on c-span yesterday. Interesting stuff.

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Dimitris Tsokakis" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> "Based on historical experience, it seems improbable that all of
the large rise in multifactor productivity could be attributed to
cyclical or transitory factors. Conversely, it seems very unlikely
that all of the increase in the growth of productivity could be
attributed to structural influences. The truth, presumably, lies
between these two extremes, but where has yet to be determined. At
minimum, however, it seems reasonable to conclude that the step-up in
the pace of structural productivity growth that occurred in the
latter part of the 1990s has not, as yet, faltered. "

> [from the interesting, as usual, speech of Oct23 of the Chairman of
FED Mr Allan Greenspan

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/speeches/2002/20021023/default
.htm ]